Chief Financial Officer
Founded over 130 years ago, my client is a leader as a Top Regional Bank in Ohio. Current asset size $3 Billion and GROWING!
*37+ locations and growing…from Sandusky and Cleveland to Columbus, Dayton, Toledo and Cincinnati
*Strong financial numbers year after year and very low non-performing loans
WHY YOU SHOULD BE INTERESTED!!
- Great opportunity to work at one of the Top Community Banks in the State!!
- This Bank is looking to continue to grow in the coming years
- Be part of the 401k, Profit Sharing and Success Sharing Plans!!
- Key member of the Executive Leadership Team and a key strategic leader in the Bank!
The CFO serves as a key member of the Executive Leadership Team of the Company, playing a key role in developing and implementing strategy. This is a working position reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and partnering with the other members of senior management. The CFO will oversee and manage reporting systems and controls, ensuring that key functional leaders and their teams are provided with accurate, timely, and relevant financial data that is helpful in running the business.
- Support the execution of the Bank’s strategy and assist in driving well-defined targets.
- Establish metrics and systems that maintain accountability and manage risks.
- Lead the annual planning and forecasting process to provide analytical insight and direction to management decision makers.
- Lead the financial planning and accounting functions of the Bank to attain operating results.
- Provides senior management oversight to all corporate accounting functions, including the financial closing process of all entities and ensuring completion of all closing activities within the required timeframes.
- Ensure that all levels of the company, and external partners, are provided with accurate, timely and relevant financial reporting to run the business.
- Direct the company’s evaluation and implementation of new accounting standards and pronouncements.
- Partner with the CEO to assess accounting and tax implications for all material business decisions.
- Assist the executive management team in performing due diligence on acquisitions and manage all accounting activities associated with mergers and acquisitions including serving as liaison to valuation experts and external accountants.
- Ensure maintenance of effective internal controls and appropriate accounting policies and procedures, including evaluation and documentation of processes and controls for compliance with SOX 404.
- Serve as an expert resource and provide guidance to the Financial Operations team in resolving complex and/or unusual issues.
- Oversee all aspects of corporate tax compliance and reporting including, but not limited to, review of monthly and quarterly tax provisions, tax returns prepared by third party preparer, estimated tax payments and tax footnotes/disclosures.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for tax preparers, auditors, and third-party consultants.
- Review completed internal financial reports of all entities, variance analyses and supplemental schedules; draft financial statement commentary for board-level financial reporting packages; present results at quarterly Audit Committee meetings.
- Serve as a key point of contact for the quarterly and year-end external audit process.
- Accountable for all SEC reporting including the review of complex financial statement schedules and the drafting of disclosure language and narrative.
- Collaborate with the CEO in the drafting of quarterly earnings releases.
- Maintain ultimate ownership of all Bank accounting software systems including, but not limited to, the general ledger, GL reconciliation, and budgeting solutions. Continually evaluate the adequacy of such systems and recommend new technologies to improve efficiency or streamline operations.
- Responsible for department budgets and other performance objectives.
- Create accounting strategies to maximize profits and analyze accounts to suggest improvements to reduce costs and increase profits.
- Oversee the process to provide financial information and reports that will assist business line managers in performing their duties.
- Maintain and ensure compliance standards by complying with all company policies and procedures.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum ten years Senior Management experience supervising an Accounting Team, preferably in a financial institution setting including a leasing company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Accounting or Finance. CPA designation preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting standards, laws and regulations related to the job.
- Technical and comprehensive knowledge of all accounting areas of a Bank including an excellent understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) specifically related to financial institutions.
- Solid Computer literacy (Microsoft Office) with accurate data entry skills; proficient knowledge of working with spreadsheets and creating formulas. Ability to become proficient in use of specific software required for position.
- A high level of initiative, thoroughness, accuracy, and organizational skills required.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
- High level of confidentiality required.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.