Information Security & Operations Administrator
Champaign, IL or Hybrid/Remote
$90-120k + bonus
Founded over 100 years ago, my client is a leader as a Community Bank in Illinois and Arizona. Current Bank asset size exceeds $280mm and GROWING!
- Six branches/LPO’s in AZ and IL and growing
- Sub Chapter S with 75 family groups who own the Bank and are committed to truly serve their communities
- Well-capitalized Bank with no Regulatory issues
- Strong financial numbers year after year and very low non-performing loans
- One of the fastest growing Trust/Wealth Management departments in IL and AZ
Here’s why you should be interested:
- Opportunity to help build and grow their Information Security and IT department
- Career path to a greater leadership role in the future
- Work for one of the fastest growing Banks in IL and AZ
Assists the COO in overseeing all aspects of information security administration and deposit operations support for all Bank locations. Assists in project management, vendor program oversight, IT policy and procedure development, and manages the information security program of the Bank’s IT Department. Will also function as the Bank Security Officer.
- Assist in the review, updating, and establishment of Operations and IT policies and procedures.
- Implement changes in the IT infrastructure to accomplish operational and security objectives developed with the bank’s senior leadership team.
- Oversee and evolve the vendor management program.
- Responsible for ensuring employees understand and take appropriate action regarding existing and emerging information security risks that can negatively impact the organization.
- Conduct risk assessments that will assist in developing education for customers, employees, and the board of directors when appropriate.
- Support information technology audits & regulatory examinations by participating in planning meetings, taking the lead gathering requested documents, and assist in recording responses to identified findings.
- Promote a culture of information security awareness to help thwart attacks on the bank’s assets.
- Perform business impact analysis in accordance with the organization’s Business Continuity Plan and ensure consistency with Vendor Risk Management Program.
- Identify and evaluate Information and Cyber Security threats through the performance of industry recognized assessments (e.g., FFIEC, CAT)
- Work with the IT Manager to assist in keeping IT projects on established timelines by interfacing with vendors and escalating support needs as appropriate.
- Give input on equipment and software upgrades needed to keep the Bank’s network at the highest levels of efficiency and security.
- Assist in monitoring the IT Help Desk and ensure that tickets are addressed in a timely manner and to satisfactory resolution.
- Understand pressing data and intelligence in systems to take action and help recommend next actions to provide the best possible and secure user experiences.
- Serve as second level support for Deposit Operations issues related to ACH, Wires, Online Banking, Dispute Resolution, and Cash Management.
- Serve as second level escalation for deposit customer relations.
- Work with the COO and Marketing Director to help identify customer needs and to research the feasibility of new products and services to meet those needs while balancing security aspects related new products and services.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of the Account Services Department procedures and serve as secondary backup for Wire processing, Check Processing, and ACH origination.
- Assist the COO in facilities management for all Bank locations.
- Performs Bank Security Officer role, knowledge of physical security measures, access controls, alarm systems, and surveillance technologies.
Education & Experience
This position reports to the COO and will oversee a staff of 2 IT employees.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Cybersecurity, or equivalent applicable experience in an information security role. At least five (5) years of Bank Operations and/or Bank IS or IT experiences, including a strong understanding of networking, hardware, and software risks. CISSP, CISA, CISM, or similar certification is considered a strong plus. Preferred graduate of Community Bankers School or equivalent. Must be able to work with complex technical issues and problems that require logical thinking and understanding of the business. Proficiency with Microsoft 365 administration and Office applications is expected. Basic understanding of information technology auditing procedures is a must.